Communications Senior Associate
We seek candidates with 2-5 years
of communications experience and strong strategy, media relations, social
media, and writing skills. Ideally, the candidate has, through their work,
become familiar with issues around health and the factors that impact health
(transportation, education, income, nutrition, the environment, etc.).
You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- write clearly and concisely (blogs, press releases, op-eds, social media content)
- copy-edit long and short-form documents
- manage independent projects
- successfully pitch media and place stories
- engage social audiences and organizations to raise visibility on and interest in issues our partners care about
- work collaboratively with a team and external clients
- be flexible and willing to change course quickly
Strong interpersonal skills, organization and attention to detail are also important for this position.
Burness is a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide. Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 675 nonprofits in the US and around the world.
Burness offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.