Communications Associate: Climate Change
We seek candidates with at least 5 years of experience in social change communications, including public relations, advocacy, nonprofit communications, or in a communications office on Capitol Hill. The ideal candidate would have a range of skills in communications strategy, media relations, social media, project management, and writing, as well as a background or strong passion in health and equity.
Burness is a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide. Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 700 nonprofits in the US and around the world.
This candidate would primarily work on our efforts to support children’s health and wellbeing.
You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- manage independent projects and client relationships with guidance from senior members of the team
- work collaboratively with a team
- successfully engage media, social audiences and organizations to raise visibility on and interest in issues
- develop and maintain meaningful relationships with reporters
- write clearly and concisely (blogs, press releases, op-eds, social media content)
- copy-edit long and short-form documents
- be flexible and willing to change course quickly and jump into projects
This position is based in the Washington, D.C. area.
Burness offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.