Communications Consultant for Burness’ Nairobi Office
We seek candidates with 7-10 years of strategic communications experience to manage projects across a range of factors that play a role in health and wellbeing, from community development and housing to resident-driven and data-informed decision making and more. This work is broadly aimed at making sure that the solutions we create to improve the health of people and places are rooted in equity. You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- Write and edit compelling press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, policy briefs, blog posts, email campaigns, and other short form products
- Develop multi-faceted communications plans and work with a team to implement them
- Create and maintain solid relationships with press contacts and successfully place stories
- Build strong digital strategies into all communications to reach key audiences
- Synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language
- Make crisp, succinct and interesting presentations to clients, media and others
- Use experience in communicating about population health data and/or community development to reach our audiences
Burness is a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide. Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 600 nonprofits in the US and around the world.
Burness offers a
competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.