We seek candidates with 7-10 years of strategic
communications experience to manage projects across a range of issues including
public health, and many factors that influence health and wellbeing. This work
is broadly aimed at improving community health and neighborhoods that have
experienced a lack of investment and addressing racial and economic
segregation. You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- Write and edit compelling press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, policy briefs, blog posts, email campaigns, and other short form products
- Develop multi-faceted communications plans and work with a team to implement them
- Create and maintain solid relationships with press contacts and successfully place stories
- Build strong digital strategies into all communications to reach key audiences
- Synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language
- Respond to our partners and clients with creative ideas and consistent, day-to-day support
- Make crisp, succinct and interesting presentations to clients, media and others
Burness is a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide. Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 600 nonprofits in the US and around the world.
Burness offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.