Burness, a mission-driven communications firm seeks a skilled consultant writer based in Europe, Africa, or Asia.
Burness is committed
to helping nonprofits, universities, foundations, and international agencies
advance social change worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be a writer who is able to craft compelling written products geared for the media, consumers, advocates, and policymakers on a host of issues, including COVID-19 and public health, tobacco, nutrition, agricultural research and environmental issues.
Basic requirements include the demonstrated ability to:
- Be able to quickly digest and then translate dense material into
accurate yet interesting and powerful copy, often based on research papers or
the outcomes of client projects.
- Write clearly and concisely, in a variety of formats (op-eds,
blogs, press releases, fact sheets, issue briefs, stories, talking
- Write opinion pieces that are of high enough quality for placement
in prominent global media outlets.
- Have a “nose for news” to help determine what is newsworthy in a report or client project and be able to translate those findings into news in a compelling press release.
- Efficiently carry out research to find accurate and interesting narratives and compelling leads linked to issues or causes that our partners seek to elevate.
- Work collaboratively with a team and our partners.
- Meet deadlines.
Preference given to candidates who are based in Europe, Africa or Asia.
Please send a
resume and samples of published stories, op-eds or links to other written
products to firstname.lastname@example.org.