At Burness, we promote ideas that inspire and drive social change worldwide — and we are looking for a Digital Coordinator to join our team of creative digital thinkers.
In the past three decades we’ve worked with over 600 nonprofits here in America and around the world. Our partners are changemakers in spaces like health, science, education, social policy, agriculture and forestry, global development and more.
In this entry level position, we are looking for a team member who can work across our firm, assisting mid-level and senior staff and managing and executing a variety of tasks in the digital space of our work and across other areas of the firm’s practice.
You are a great fit for this role if you are able to:
- Implement tactical portions of digital engagement and awareness campaigns across platforms (social, email, digital ads, video, websites and more) that are grounded in digital best practices.
- Write, edit and/or create various types of digital content that is on-brand, optimized for each platform and creative enough to stand out in constantly-moving feeds and overcrowded inboxes. You should also be able to translate research, data or policy actions into digital and social content that compels target audiences to act and engage.
- Work collaboratively with team members, clients and outside vendors.
- Assist communications teams with tasks such as creating media lists, media research, copywriting, strategic communications planning and more.
- Juggle multiple pressing needs throughout the day using time management and prioritization strategies.
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of digital communications experience preferred. Strong social media content creation, digital ads, and reporting skills are important for the position, as is attention to detail, flexibility, and a curious mind.
Knowledge of things like Facebook Ads Manager, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Mailchimp, video editing basics and basic HTML are pluses.
This is the job for you if you are looking for a place to further develop your digital skills through production work and by doing all things digital for clients big and small both here in the U.S. and around the world.
Burness offers an extensive benefits package, competitive pay and is an overall great place to work.
To apply, email Nick Dean, Director of Digital Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org