At Burness, we promote ideas that inspire and drive social change worldwide. We are looking for a Digital Coordinator to join our team of creative digital thinkers.
In the past three decades we’ve worked with more than 600 nonprofits here in America and around the world. Our partners are changemakers in spaces like health, science, education, social policy, agriculture and forestry, global development and more.
In this position, we are looking for a team member who can work across our digital team, assisting mid-level and senior staff, while managing and executing a variety of tasks in the digital space.
You are a great fit for this role if you are able to:
- Implement tactical portions of digital engagement and awareness campaigns across platforms (social, email, digital ads, video, websites and more) that are grounded in digital best practices.
- Write, edit and/or create various types of digital content that is on-brand, optimized for each platform and creative enough to stand out in constantly-moving feeds and overcrowded inboxes. You should also be able to translate research, data or policy actions into digital and social content that compels target audiences to act and engage.
- Work collaboratively with team members, clients and outside vendors
- Juggle multiple pressing needs throughout the day using time management and prioritization strategies
- Know when to ask for help and how to problem-solve independently
- Never miss deadlines
You may find yourself doing these types of things from day to day:
- Drafting social media copy based on a news story or report
- Producing creative or digital content when it fits with interests/skills, e.g., editing video clips for social, creating graphics, drafting ad copy, sourcing photos
- Setting up and monitoring digital advertising campaigns on social media platforms
- Pulling metrics and writing reports on digital campaigns
- Creating social media toolkits to make it easier for partners to share information on their own platforms
- Conducting social listening research to help the team understand how a certain issue, e.g., climate change or birth justice, is being discussed, or to identify influencers talking about the issue
- Assisting team members with administrative tasks like scheduling meetings and taking notes on calls
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of professional experience in digital communications and/or strategy. Attention to detail is a requirement for this position. Strong social media and research skills are also important, as is flexibility and a curious mind. Basic video editing skills and previous agency experience are preferred.
Knowledge of digital advertising platforms (especially Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere), and MailChimp is a plus.
This is the job for you if you are looking for a place to further develop your digital skills and grow to be a leader in all things digital for nonprofits big and small both here in the U.S. and around the world.
In this role you will report to the Deputy Director of Digital Strategy. Burness offers an extensive benefits package, competitive pay and is an overall great place to work. Preference given to candidates who live in the DC-MD-VA metropolitan region.
To apply, email email@example.com with a resume, cover letter and work samples.