At Burness, we promote ideas that inspire and drive social change worldwide. We are looking for a digital strategist with a strong background in leading the creation and implementation of digital communications projects to join our team. Starting salary for this role is $83,000.
In the past three decades we have worked with more than 600 nonprofits in the US and around the world. Our partners are changemakers in spaces like health, science, education, social policy, climate change, food and agriculture, ocean protection, forestry, global development and more.
You are a great fit for this role if you are able to:
- Manage the creation of various types of digital content that is on-brand, optimized for each platform and creative enough to stand out in constantly-moving feeds and overcrowded inboxes.
- Lead teams in translating research, data or policy actions into digital and social content that compels target audiences to act and engage.
- Develop and execute successful digital engagement and awareness campaigns across platforms (social, email, digital ads, video, websites and more) that are grounded in digital best practices and data-driven.
- Lead teams in brainstorms and planning sessions that result in digital content strategies that are laser-focused on partners’ goals, directly related to broader communications plans and fresh ideas tailored to the tone and audience of each partner.
- Confidently lead client-facing calls, strategy sessions, and in-person meetings.
- Follow digital platform news and share updates and trends with team members and clients.
- Work collaboratively with team members, clients and outside vendors to juggle multiple pressing needs throughout the day.
- Know when to ask for help and how to problem-solve independently.
- Manage and estimate project budgets, never miss deadlines and project manage with the best of them.
You may find yourself doing these types of things from day to day:
- Setting strategy for a creative product, e.g., made-for-social video or digital ad campaign
- Establishing the online voice for a client
- Outlining an integrated digital report to help a client understand performance of their digital program
- Planning cuts to a video made for a social media ad campaign
- Producing creative or digital content
- Managing strategy and content production for digital advertising campaigns
- Leading a digital audit for a client, including writing and presenting a digital strategy based on findings
- Giving feedback on digital content drafted by a client or colleague
- Conducting online research, e.g., social listening or media planning
- Creating budgets and project timelines
If you are looking to be a leader in all things digital content for clients big and small both here in the U.S. and around the world, this job could be the job for you. Three to seven years of experience in digital content strategy and creation and/or digital advertising preferred. Previous agency experience strongly preferred.
Burness offers an extensive benefits package, competitive pay and an overall great place to work. DC-based
candidates preferred; Burness currently operates with a hybrid model of remote
work 3 days/week and in-office 2 days/week. Fully remote candidates with
excellent experience may be considered.”
Burness is a team of communications experts who partner with nonprofits in the United States and around the world to inspire and drive social change, confront poverty, promote health, elevate science and protect our planet. Our strategists, writers, designers, trainers and policy advisors translate research, advance ideas and solutions, and amplify stories to improve people’s lives. For more on the work we do, visit burness.com.
Send resume, a short note on why you think this is the job for you, and clips/links to relevant work to email@example.com.