At Burness, our work inspires and drives social change worldwide. Our partners are changemakers in spaces like health, science, education, social policy, climate change, food and agriculture, ocean protection, forestry, global development and more.
We are looking for a Digital Strategist with a strong background in video and creative content production to join our team. Starting salary for this role is $70,000.
In this role you will:
- Be the go-to video expert both internally and externally
- Project manage video-focused projects for clients, including:
- Budgeting, strategy, and scripting
- Production, editing, and dissemination
- Manage and train others on video content creation processes and tools
- Help clients translate research, data, or actions into creative content — particularly video and design — that compels target audiences to act and engage
- Plan and produce additional digital content that is on-brand, optimized for each platform, and creative enough to stand out
- Work with the design team to make sure visuals are always aligned and integrated
- Confidently interact with and clearly communicate to clients on all things digital content during both in-person meetings and online exchanges
Day-to-day you may:
- Strategize and plan video work, including budgets, timelines, vendors, etc.
- Draft video scripts for internal or external production
- Edit video products for digital platforms
- Work with external vendors to plan and produce video content
- Plan social media editorial calendars and draft social media copy
- Serve as a project manager on creative projects, monitoring budgets and project timelines
- Digital content production abilities — specifically with video editing and production
- 3-5 years of experience in digital content strategy — with a focus on video, social media, and/or digital advertising
- Advanced video editing software experience (specific software not required)
- Understanding of basic design principles and ability to create on-brand content
- Strong grasp of project management for creative work
- Previous agency work — or equivalent “client” facing experience
- Not necessary, but nice to have:
- Motion graphics and animation skills
- Audio editing experience
- Advanced design skills
Our strategists, writers, designers, trainers and policy advisors translate research, advance ideas and solutions, and amplify stories to improve people’s lives. If you are looking to be a leader in all things digital content for social change clients big and small both here in the U.S. and around the world, this could be the job for you.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a hybrid work environment. Being located in the DC-Maryland-Virginia area is preferred.
Send resume, a short note on why you think this is the job for you, and at least 3-5 clips or links to relevant video and digital content production work to email@example.com.