Communications Consultant for Burness’ Nairobi Office
We seek candidates with 5-10 years of experience in international public relations for a global communications position working with nonprofits, international agencies and foundations.
Burness is a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide. Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 700 nonprofits globally.
Experience in the areas of environment, climate change or agricultural development is desired.
You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- Write and edit compelling media pitches, press releases, statements, op-eds, talking points, fact sheets, journalist briefs and other short form media and communications products.
- Create and maintain solid relationships with press contacts and successfully place stories in the media.
- Synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language tailored to client needs.
- Be a strong verbal communicator, able to convey complex ideas and think clearly and concisely.
- Develop and execute communications strategies—including writing communications plans and developing key messages.
- Handle crisis communications situations.
- Build strong digital strategies into all communication to reach key audiences and drive story uptake.
- Go deep on content in areas such as climate change, deforestation, conservation, agriculture and global health.
Strong preference for a Washington, DC, area-based employee.
Additional languages are helpful but not required.
Burness offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume, writing samples and cover letter to email@example.com.