Burness, a social change communications firm, is seeking a media relations specialist who enjoys writing press releases and op-eds, pitching stories, developing relationships with reporters and following news trends. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with three or more years of professional experience in communications, preferably at a non-profit or small foundation or in a communications office on Capitol Hill. Fluency in Spanish is highly desired.
You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- Pitch print and broadcast reporters, podcasts and blogs
- Create media lists and track news coverage
- Handle logistics for major media and stakeholder events
- Write clearly and concisely (blogs, press releases, op-eds, social media content)
- Develop and execute social media engagement strategies
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously
Burness works extensively with the country’s leading health foundations, nonprofits and academic institutions. Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 700 nonprofits in the US and around the world. Find out more about us at burness.com.
We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, and a collegial work environment. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.