Burness, a social change communications firm, is seeking an experienced media relations specialist who excels at: writing press releases, op-eds, blogs and other short-form writing; pitching stories; developing and maintaining relationships with journalists and following news trends. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with seven or more years of professional experience in communications, preferably at a non-profit or small foundation or in a communications office on Capitol Hill. Candidates with extensive relationships with reporters and producers are strongly preferred. Fluency in Spanish is desired.
You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- Write clearly and concisely
- Pitch print and broadcast reporters, podcasts and blogs
- Show you have maintained strong relationships with reporters and producers over time
- Handle logistics for major media and stakeholder events
- Work as part of a team on major research releases, including managing a pitch team
- Develop pro-active ideas to help clients create news
- Juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Turn around rapid response assignments in a timely manner
Burness works extensively with the country’s leading health foundations, nonprofits and academic institutions. Since our founding more than 30 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 700 nonprofits in the US and around the world. Find out more about us at burness.com.
We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, and a collegial work environment. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.