Burness, a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide, seeks a Senior Associate to help our team address U.S. and global health and poverty issues. The position is ideal for candidates with 7-10 years of experience in public relations or strategic communications.
This Senior Associate will manage numerous projects across a broad portfolio of work that includes multiple nonprofit or foundation clients. We are looking for a leader—someone who can develop creative communications plans and then empower a team to implement them. Key requirements include:
- Managing client relationships, project management and execution
- Synthesizing and translating complicated material into clear and simple language through writing and editing press release, op-eds, fact sheets, short policy briefs, blog posts and other short form products
- Creating and maintaining solid relationships with press contacts covering key issues of concern to our clients and pitching reporters as part of ongoing promotion efforts
- Building strong digital strategies into all communications to reach key audiences and drive story uptake
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Flexibility, agility to change course quickly and ability to multi-task
Experience with a large, effective communications office or public relations agency preferred. Burness offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.