Burness seeks a Senior Associate to help our team address U.S. health and poverty issues. The position is ideal for candidates with 7-10 years of experience in public relations or strategic communications. Experience in health care-related communications is a plus. This position is based in our Bethesda, MD office.
Burness is a team of communications experts who partner with nonprofits in the United States and around the world to inspire and drive social change, confront poverty, promote health, elevate science and protect our planet. Our strategists, writers, designers, trainers and policy advisors translate research, advance ideas and solutions, and amplify stories to improve people’s lives. For more on the work we do, visit burness.com.
This Senior Associate will manage numerous projects across a broad portfolio of work that includes multiple nonprofit or foundation clients. We are looking for a leader—someone who can develop creative communications plans and then empower a team to implement them. Key requirements include:
- Managing client relationships
- Flawless project management and high-quality execution
- Synthesizing and translating complicated material into clear and simple language through writing and editing press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, short policy briefs, blog posts and other short form products
- Successfully placing media stories and creating and maintaining solid relationships with press contacts covering key issues of concern to our clients
- Building strong digital strategies into all communications to reach key audiences and drive story uptake
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Flexibility and agility to change course quickly and the ability to multitask
Experience with a large, effective communications office or public relations agency preferred.
Burness offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as
well as a hybrid work environment. Starting salary for this position is
$83,000. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.