We seek candidates with 7-10 years of experience on Capitol Hill, in state government, with health-related advocacy organizations or non-profits, or with other communications firms to manage projects for multiple clients across our work in children’s health. The projects will span a range of issues including nutrition security, childcare and caregiving, economic support for families and health.
You are a good fit for this position if you can:
- Develop multi-faceted communications plans and work with a team to implement them
- Write and edit compelling press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, policy briefs, blog posts and other short form products
- Create and maintain solid relationships with press contacts and successfully place stories
- Synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language
- Make crisp, succinct and interesting presentations to clients, media and others
- Be flexible and willing to change course quickly
- Manage client relationships, project management and execution
Burness is a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits advance social change worldwide. Since our founding more than 35 years ago, we’ve worked with more than 700 nonprofits in the US and around the world.
Burness offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.